Recently my Treo 650 has been acting up in respect to Voice mail. A few weeks ago it forgot the number to dial for voicemail (which I simply reset to my cell phone number when prompted), but then today this number became corrupted and I couldn’t find anywhere in the phone to reset it. So after googling around for a short while I found this site: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/treo/Treo650VoicemailUpdater_dl.html
Here I found that if you had any of the following problems, there was an update for you (I had experienced two of them).
- You can’t access voicemail
- You’re connected with an unrelated long distance operator instead of voicemail
- You are prompted to enter your voicemail number after the Treo 650 resets itself
- You may have requested Cingular Wireless to send an over-the-air (OTA) message to reset your voicemail number, and it may have worked for a short period but then become corrupted or erased again.
You should install this update if:
- The Software version number in Phone Info is less than Treo650-1.04-CNG or Treo650-1.04-CNB (how to view Phone Info screen).
After following the instructions found on that site my phone now recognizes that it is running the Treo650-1.04-CNG software, and my voicemail works again!